“Another Atkins friendly flax recipe from the Atkins site, which I find easy to do, as I hate baking! If you’re not low-carbing the flax is still very good for you so you could give them a try. I love them with butter or cream cheese. They taste like bran muffins to me. Not too sweet either.”
- 1⁄4cup canola oil, scant
- 1⁄4cup sugar-free syrup, such as Da Vinci
- 2tablespoons water
- 1tablespoon vanilla
- 1cup flax seed meal
- 1⁄2teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2teaspoon baking powder
- 2tablespoons cinnamon (yes, 2 Tablespoons)
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with a fork. Beat in oil, syrup, water and vanilla.
- Combine the remaining dry ingredients, then stir in to egg mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Spoon into 9 muffin tins (lined with papers).
- Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes. They will be browned and seem set when you press on them.
- Put on a cooling rack and then store in the fridge.