A United States Postal Service worker in Georgia goes viral after saving a dog bitten by a venomous snake on Friday, September 22.
One of the dog’s owner, Kelsey Proctor, took to Facebook what happened to her dog, named Ginger, on September 22. She wrote, “Our dog, Ginger, was bitten by a copperhead snake today while we were at work.”
In the post, Kelsey was also asking her friends to look for a post office worker who saved Ginger. “This sweet woman took our girl to the vet and left us a note on her phone in our camera to see,” she wrote.
Within hours, they were able to identify the woman who saved Ginger as Holle Prigmore.
According to The New York Post, Prigmore was delivering mail when she noticed Ginger, who she usually gives treats to, get startled by something in the grass.
Upon checking, she noticed a snake and witnessed it bite the back of the Beagle.
Thankfully, Prigmore was able to identify the snake as a Copperhead, thanks to a photo shared in a snake-identifying group she’s a part of on Facebook.
Copperhead snakes are venomous and their bite can cause severe, immediate pain along with rapid swelling.
Prigmore tried to alert the dog’s owners, Kelsey and Aaron Proctor. But unfortunately, the Proctors weren’t at home at the time of the incident.
That’s when Prigmore jumped to action and took matters into her own hands — she located the Proctors’ doorbell camera and held up a note on her phone that read, “Little beagle bit by copperhead” before taking the dog to the Bremen Animal Hospital.
“Within 30 seconds of arriving probably, had her in a room,” Prigmore told FOX Business about the veterinarian who treated the pet and located her owner.
Kaitlyn Ross of 11Alive News shared on Facebook more details about the incident.
She reveals Prigmore also took a photo of the snake so that she can be sure that she was going to give the vet the correct information.
Ross also wrote how Prigmore was just grateful that she was in the right place, at the right time.
Prigmore tells FOX Business, “I’m not interested in compensation. Anybody in my industry would have done the same thing.”
Kelsey Proctor said in her earlier Facebook post, “Thankfully, Ginger is going to be okay, and I truly believe it’s because of this woman.”
A few days after the incident, Kelsey shared an update on Ginger and said “she is doing well.”
“She has been resting, getting lots of love, and under some blankies. We are so thankful for the outpouring love for Ginger, and her sweet friend Holle, who was there for her in her time of need,” she wrote.
On Wednesday, September 27, Prigmore was reunited with Ginger and Kelsey was able to personally thank the postal worker.
“Before I even got to say anything to her, Ginger immediately jumped up on her and jumped in her car and was letting Holle love all over her,” Kelsey tells FOX 5.
#Postal #Worker #Saves #Dog #Brings #Vet #Venomous #Snake #Bite