“Indulge in this keto lasagna, made with zucchini noodles and cottage cheese.”
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3large zucchini
- olive oil
- 1yellow onion, diced
- 3garlic cloves, chopped
- 1tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1lb ground beef
- black pepper
- 24ounces marinara sauce
- 32ounces cottage cheese
- 3 1⁄2cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Use a mandolin to cut the zucchini into strips, about 1 cm thick. Add the strips to a colander and toss with 1 teaspoon of salt. Let drain for 10 minutes. Layer the zucchini strips between layered sheets of paper towels on a baking sheet. Let dry while you make the filling.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and Italian seasoning and cook until translucent, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add ground beef and and cook until browned, breaking up with a wooden spoon. Drain any fat and season with salt and pepper. Stir in 2 cups of the marinara sauce and remove from heat.
- Add cottage cheese, 2 cups mozzarella, eggs, garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to a bowl and stir to combine.
- Spread about 3/4 cup of meat sauce into the bottom of the baking dish. Add a layer of zucchini strips to cover the entire area, slightly overlapping. Spread over 3/4 cup of the cottage cheese mixture. Repeat four more times, ending with the cottage cheese layer.
- Spread the remaining marina sauce over the top and sprinkle with remaining shredded mozzarella. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Place the dish on top of a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake another 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and browned.
- Let cool 10 minutes. Garnish with chopped parsley before serving.