“Great flavor — the meat wasn’t dry at all. Two suggestions: don’t add the extra seasoning salt. I didn’t, and it tasted just salty enough with the other seasonings. Also, cut the bell peppers in half, and stuff the halves instead of a big pepper. It makes the bell pepper easier to eat, and if you’re not as hungry you can have a smaller meal. Overall, a great low-carb meal!”
- 4green peppers (cleaned with seeds and tops removed)
- 1tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3cup onion (chopped fine)
- 3garlic cloves (small to medium sized minced)
- 1⁄4cup green onion (chopped fine)
- 2tablespoons green peppers (minced)
- 1lb ground turkey
- 0.5(14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (1/4 cup of liquid reserved)
- 1tablespoon parsley
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1teaspoon seasoning salt or 1 teaspoon seasoning, blend
- 1⁄4cup pizza sauce
- 1⁄4cup pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4cup monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until onion softens.
- Add green onions, minced green pepper and saute for about five minutes.
- Set onion, garlic and green pepper mixture aside.
- Brown ground turkey and cook through.
- Add onion, garlic, and green pepper mixture. Also, add diced tomatoes, parsley, italian seasoning, and season salt/blend.
- Mix well and cook another five minutes.
- Stuff mixture inside hollow green peppers.
- Pour reserved tomato liquid in a baking dish and place peppers in dish.
- Top each stuffed pepper with about a tablespoon of pizza sauce.
- Mound each pepper with cheeses.
- Cook in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.